Chris Hardwick To Return To Host ‘Talking Dead’ After AMC Investigation

0
5

Chris Hardwick To Return To Host ‘Talking Dead’ After AMC InvestigationHardwick will host the “Walking Dead” after-show roughly two months after his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra alleged that he’d sexually and emotionally abused her.AMC has reinstated Nerdist co-founder Chris Hardwick to host his “Walking Dead” after-show “Talking Dead” on Aug. 12. His return will mark roughly two months after his ex-girlfriend, actress Chloe Dykstra, came forward with allegations of sexual and emotional abuse against him.

AMC says it has decided to bring Hardwick back after investigating Dykstra’s claims with the help of a law firm.

“Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick,” the company stated Wednesday via The Hollywood Reporter. “We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step.”

Hardwick’s weekly talk show “Talking with Chris Hardwick” does not have a return date yet, and probably won’t be back until next summer.

AMC put Hardwick’s gigs on hold after Dykstra alleged in a June Medium post that Hardwick sexually assaulted her numerous times while they were dating.

Hardwick responded by saying he was “heartbroken” by Dykstra’s claims and denied that any abuse took place.

As a result of the allegations, actress Yvette Nicole Brown stepped in as Hardwick’s replacement on “Talking Dead” while AMC assessed his standing with the network, according to the Los Angeles Times. She also filled in for him at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this month by moderating “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” panels.

Brown will still host the “Walking Dead” Season 9 preview special and will be a guest on the premiere of “Talking Dead” when Hardwick returns.

Since Dykstra’s story came to light, Nerdist, a media company Hardwick co-founded, removed his name from its website. According to Vulture, the Kaaboo Del Mar Festival removed him from its September lineup, and NBC said it would review his standing as host of its show “The Wall.”

Original Article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here